Wednesday, September 23, 2009

An exciting and fun-filled trip to Rainbows End

It was the most exciting day of the week which was on Sunday the 30th of August. 20 Tamaki Intermediate students and I went to Rainbows End.
Instead of moving around with Jorjah, I went with my cousins Jerome, Jason and Sione. When we got in, the first thing we said was “What should we go on?” ”What ride should we go on?” At the same time we all mentioned excitedly “The Roller Coaster!” So we ran straight to the Roller Coaster but the line was so long that we had to stand on the stairs just to wait to get on the ride. Eventually we got on the Roller Coaster.
For my cousin Sione it was his first time ever going on it. He sat next to me. When we were about to go down the steep part, he was the only person who screamed like a girl, then what is even worse than going down the steep part, he screamed until the ride had finished. When we got out we looked at him he had tears coming down his cheeks and he would not stop crying. He said that he would never go back on a roller coaster again, but when we were going on the power surge ride, he ran off and went back on the coaster.
The next ride we went on was the power surge. Now this was the funniest ride we went on. One of my cousins was laughing so much that his spit was falling out of his mouth and dripping on the opposite person we were laughing so much.
Later on we went to get something to eat. While we were eating we caught up with Sean and Joseph and his team walking by. It was 12.00 when we were eating. Then suddenly we realised that Jason ran off we took an hour just looking for him. We found him in the arcade centre playing games. At that point we were annoyed so we told him that we will be going on the log flume. As soon as we got on one of the logs it started pouring down with rain, we got so soaking wet that the boat was ¼ filled with water. Then when we were in the part where we were sheltered we squeezed all the wetness out of our clothes, the coolest part was when it was dark as the night sky, we discovered that only the white things would glow, like my shoes were white and so it was glowing that was so cool. Our last ride was on the fare fall. We were so high up that when I said “are you alright to my cousin the seats dropped down when it was falling it felt like my whole face was going to rip off, I screamed my head off until we stop. By the time it was 5pm we waited until my aunty picked us up and took us home. Over all I had a fantastic day and i really enjoyed myself. I would like to say thank you Mrs. Waetford.

By Ramona

3 comments:

Miss Walley said...

Wow Ramona, that was an excellent recount. I am very pleased you got the opportunity to go to Rainbows End and that Mrs raj chose you and Jorjah.

Keep up your great work and writing. I enjoy seeing how you are going on the blog.

Miss Walley

Anonymous said...

hi my name is te huinga your time at rainbows end must have been soooooooooo fun my fav ride is the power surge
hope i can have a great time like you next time i go rainbows end

Anonymous said...

hi my name is te huinga your time at rainbows end must have been soooooooooo fun my fav ride is the power surge
hope i can have a great time like you next time i go rainbows end