Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dear Mrs Baker


My name is Venessa and I am 12 years old. I am writing this letter to you to tell you about my mum and why she deserves this book prize.
Tera is my mum and she is my height. She is a mother of four and she has a husband named Tony. She works at Auckland City Council on level 5. She wakes up at six thirty and wakes us up. We all have showers and get ourselves ready. Mum helps Shanelle and Mya (age 8 and 5) get ready and drive us down to my Nana’s house. My three sisters wait there until it’s time to go to school and while we wait she drives into work. She really likes her job and she finishes at five thirty.

She gives us a good education from the right schools and cares for us like no tomorrow. She comes to goal settings and parent meetings. She’s happy when we get certificates and win prizes. She gives me five dollars on Fridays for me to spend at the tuck shop for lunch. She cleans the house when she has time off, even after work and late at night. She doesn’t care about herself. She teaches me how to cook dinner like spaghetti, scrambled eggs and rice.


When I fell on the road I had a deep cut. I had a long sleep on the sofa and she was waiting until I was awake so she could take me to the hospital to get the dressing on it before it got infected. I still have the sore. She takes care of me whenever i need it. She makes me laugh sometimes. I love my mum and she loves me. She is the best mum in the whole universe.

That is why I think my mum should get this book for mother’s day because I love her.





No comments: