Friday, May 7, 2010

Nelya's Media Training

Monday was a special day for me because it was my first time on the “Tamaki Today” channel. When I first stepped in the studio I was overwhelmed because there were all these cameras and the lights, the microphones and the big computer system.


I felt more confident after listening to Longoa’a and Lana practicing. They were hilarious! They made me laugh and I felt more relaxed. While Longoa’a and Lana were practising Berttina and Jorjah were explaining to me how to use the camera and then it was Jorjah’s turn. After that I got my words and it was my turn to present the show. I was nervous that I would make mistakes but when my moment came, even though I was shy I did pretty well.

The last thing I said in front of the camera was “This was Nellie for Tamaki Today”. What a relief! After presenting we had to edit whatever we recorded. I had lots of fun and I will never forget my first time in front of the camera. I look forward to my next presentation.

Nelya

Rm 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Nelya, I enjoyed reading about your experience as a first time news presenter. I have worked with school kids for many years on a school news programme and I really enjoyed hearing about it through your eyes. I hope you have a long and successful career ahead of you presenting television!! Mrs Burt