Monday, March 15, 2010

Eastern Zone Softball Tournament

Thursday the 11th of March 2010 was when the Year 7 and Year 8 boys from other schools came to my school, Tamaki Intermediate to play Softball. Our boys teams made it through to the finals that were held here.
Before the games started, Mr Horan (Principal) came to my class (Room 2) to choose helpers. I was one of them. You could imagine how excited I was.
Most of the school teams were arriving. The last school to arrive was Bailey Road School. I had to guide them to where they were meant to be seated. Finally, everyone was there to start the games off!

The bell rang as teams were practicing. Let The Games Begin!!
All I heard was bats pounding against balls, and names being shouted.
Our Year 8 boys started off well winning 11 – 4 against Bailey Road. I was unsure about the Year 7 boys who looked like they were doing good but I had to keep turning my head to see what was going on. It was a long and scorching hot day for all of us. But we had a lot of fun. The audience cheered every game no matter which schools the students represented.

Our Year 8 boys were placed 2nd and the Year 7 boys were placed 8th in the Tournament.
It was a good tournament. The weather held up and everyone had fun in the sun!

By Daisha Room 2

2 comments:

Mrs. Raj said...

Hi Daisha

You have written a good recount of the Eastern Zone Softball tournament conducted at Tamaki Intermediate School. Keep up the good work!

Manurewa Intermediate said...

Hi Daisha!

That's one great recount, one of your best!
Keep it up, and try your best to achieve the most

Trent